Updated: Aug 11, 2019
October can be so fun for the kiddos AND the parents! Planning the costume, dreaming up creative sweet treats, decorating the house and of course, trick or treating!
If you are wondering what kind of activities there are around the Polk County area, a fantastic site to keep handy is http://lakelandmom.com/calendar/
For costume ideas, we are all about homemade costumes this year! How about a favorite sports player, a bearded lumberjack, play jewelry a fluffy dress and a crown for the princess, or an old sheet for a ghost! Witch-ever one you choose, you can find help with your creative side by checking out your local thrift shops!
No Halloween can go by without a treat! Who are we trying to trick?
Some of our favorite sweets include baking, icing and lots of napkins!
With Little Feet Nanny Services, we like to keep it simple. Two fun and easy recipes are:
Yummy Mummy Bars!
-White Icing (White chocolate)
1. Melt white chocolate in a bowl.
2. Fill ziploc bag with melted chocolate.
3. Cut a small hole in the corner and drizzle over granola bars.
4. Set eyes on and let sit to dry.
Enjoy your Yummy Mummy!
Casper the Friendly Cupcake!
-Any flavor cupcake
1. Use a generous amount of frosting to cover your cupcakes.
2. Place candy eyes on cupcakes in place for ghost eyes.
Voila! Your spooktacular snack is ready to go!